background

Monday, July 9, 2012

Monday Made It!

It is Monday again! I am so excited to link up with Tara again!  I am loving all of the craftiness going on in blog land! So here we go!



Check it out and link up with your own creations!

So here is my Monday made it and I absolutely love it! Is there anyone else in blog land that does not know how to sew?  I love everything, but the sewing machine.  It for some reason is not my friend.  I told you guys last week that I am currently changing my room's theme.  I had the cutest Dr. Seuss inspired curtains.  My friend's mother made them and they were adorable. However they will not work with new theme.  I had no idea what I was going to do.  I saw a new sew curtain on pinterest, and of course I was over the moon.  So lets get to it!


These are my no sew curtains.  Excuse the boy's room surrounding the pink curtains. If my husband saw this he would not be happy.  Haha! Anyways!   
Materials

  • three bandanas
  • stitch witch
  • A hot iron 
 1. I first pressed the bandanas.  I then folded the bandana over to form a pocket small enough for a curtain rod to fit through.  I cut the stitch witch the length of pocket.  I then pressed it with the iron.

If this was not detailed enough for you, go check out Classroom DIY.  Her tutorial is much better than mine.  She includes pictures too!  I hope you enjoy these no sew curtains!  They are very easy!

I am super excited for you to see my latest score at Hobby Lobby!  All of the spring merchandise was 60% off!
Sorry for the quality.  I hope you guys have a fabulous week! 








10 comments:

  1. Cute curtains! I made some myself this year, with a sewing machine. I love how they add a little more comfy quality to a classroom.
    Thanks for sharing!

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the curtains!! That is on my to do list for the summer, especially the ones that are no-sew. The easier, the better. Great job!
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I wish I could put up curtains in my classroom. They make it so much more cozy:) Love these! Thanks so much for linking up:) I'm so glad your loving it, I am too!!!

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute curtains! I don't know how to sew either so I am glad to know you can make curtains without sewing.

    Delighted in Second
    Hope you will join my $20 TPT gift certificate giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute - I LOVE no sew curtains! :) Glad to find another grade 2 blog!


    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness
    Come join my linky party!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute curtains...I might actually be able to do this! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance.


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the polka dot curtains. I am your newest follower.
    :)
    Tamera
    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com
    Kaizactan2001@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bye Bye Thing curtains! I'm sure if Mama hadn't broken her foot she would have made you some :), but these are super cute! Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those curtains are really bright and colorful. I love them. Thanks for sharing.

    Jill
    Bubbalulu.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm a new follower!! Just found your blog YAY!!!! I hope you'll check out my blog sometime:)

    Tammy
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete