background

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Classroom Photos!!

I have been very busy for the last few days.  I started on Saturday and I am still not finished!  I made my little to do list before I went.  I might have accomplished one thing a day.  I have done this a few times now, but I never remember how long it takes to do the small stuff!  I still have LOTS left to do, but I said I would post pictures so here are a few.
This is before......

Now the after....
 My objectives inspired by Pinterest
 My sight word wall. I am thinking about making it magnetic.
The great book case that my dad built.  It will be used to house all of my centers.
This is my brag tree which is a truffula tree.  I am pretty proud of it.  This is basically Cara at The First Grade Parade's brag tags.  Our Pre-K teachers attended a Frog Street workshop and they brought back the tree idea.  We basically post die cut shapes on the tree by their picture for anything we catch them doing.  Once a six weeks they get to take the brags off the tree and wear them for the day.  I love the idea!  This is not my idea, but a collaborative idea from my campus. 

My reading center that still needs a little work.
My fantastic curtains made by Miss Snowden's mother.
I have many more bulletin boards that need some love.  So stay tuned for more pictures and ideas.  This is my first year teaching 2nd so if you have any suggestions please share!!  Have a great evening!

4 comments:

  1. This is so cute! I love the reds, blues, and yellows together, the curtains are ADORABLE, and that tree...it is so creative! Your students will love this room!! Happy new school year :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness!! Your room is adorable!!
    Have a fantastic year!!

    Miss J

    smilescrayonsandendlessstories

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your room looks great! Love the curtains!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your polka dot rugs are adorable. Where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete